CALL FOR POSTERS -
Coming of Age: Exploring our Collective Response to HIV and Aging
Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation Annual Forum and AGM
Saturday September 24, 2016
• Submissions due September 2, 2016 •
• Submissions need not be limited to formal research •
• Presentations from previous meetings/conferences will be considered •
August 2016- The Canadian Working Group on HIV and Aging is seeking poster abstracts for its upcoming forum on Saturday September 24 th at the Courtyard Marriott Toronto. The topic of this year's forum is Coming of Age: Exploring our Collective Response to HIV and Aging . If you are a researcher, student, clinician, or frontline worker engaged in a project related to HIV and aging, consider sharing your work as part of this high-profile event!
Abstracts which address any aspect of HIV and aging – prevention, care, treatment, support, social determinants of health – are welcome. Submissions need not be limited to formal research. Authors are invited to describe and analyze policy responses, existing programs and services, in-progress research and significant partnerships and/or collaborations that contribute to the overall health of people aging with HIV.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Written abstracts (maximum 250 words) OR mock-ups (8 ½ x 11”) of completed posters showing full text may be submitted for review.
- o If attaching a poster mock-up, please include the dimensions of the full-size printed poster in the body of the email.
- Please include the poster title and all authors' names in the submission.
- Submissions should include information regarding the authors' motivation(s), objective(s) and approach(es) as well as the (predicted) outcome(s) and (potential) implication(s) of the project.
- Successful abstracts will be complete, clear, and related to the forum topic.
- Work presented at previous meetings/conferences (since June 2015) will be considered.
To submit your abstract:
* Email your abstract or poster mock-up to KMurzin@HIVandRehab.ca with “Forum Abstract” as the subject line.
* The deadline for submissions is September 2, 2016 at 5pm. Authors will be notified of decisions approximately one week later.
* At least one author listed on each poster is expected to attend the forum.
For more information on CWGHR's Forum and AGM, or to register, visit: www.hivandrehab.ca/en/our-work/annual-forums/2016-forum/
About the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation
The Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR) is a national charitable organization that promotes innovation and excellence in rehabilitation in the context of HIV. CWGHR is multi-sector and multi-disciplinary in its membership and its activities.
CWGHR bridges the traditionally separate worlds of HIV, disability and rehabilitation. CWGHR members include people living with HIV, community-based HIV and disability organizations, health professionals, educators, and researchers, privates businesses and the employment sector; all of whom have an important role in a comprehensive response to rehabilitation in the lives of people living with HIV. www.hivandrehab.ca
"Reproduced with permission - Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation "
Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation
For more HIV and AIDS News visit...
Positively Positive - Living with HIV/AIDS: