Here are our top 30 reasons to get an HIV test. What's your reason?
1. I didn't use a condom.
2. I thought we were monogamous, but I was wrong.
3. My boyfriend and I want to share our results with each other.
4. If I know my status, I can move on with my life.
5. I know what I did last summer. I just don't remember who.
6. I've had an STD and I'm more vulnerable to contracting HIV.
7. I want to have kids and need to know how to protect my baby.
8. I respect myself. I respect my partner.
9. I'd be lying if I told you that I normally don't hook up.
10. I shared needles back in my party days.
11. I've had multiple sex partners.
12. I thought he would be more than a one night stand, but he wasn't.
13. I can no longer use my fear of needles as an excuse not to get tested because there are needle free options now.
14. We should have talked about it and not just assumed we were both HIV negative.
15. Just because.
16. My husband had an affair and I just need to be sure.
17. My blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, and diet aren't the only things I should be worried about.
18. It would bother me if I gave someone HIV.
19. I don't remember his name and who knows what else I don't know about him.
20. He said the condom wasn't big enough and I believed him, so we didn't use it.
21. I shared needles getting my tattoos and piercings.
22. I'm out, proud and sexually active.
23. In about 20 minutes or so, I can finally stop worrying and just know.
24. One thing led to another and another...
25. I love him enough to know my status.
26. He said using a condom would ruin the mood.
27. It's been 6 months since my last test, so it's time.
28. Too many margaritas, a few more tequila shots, sneaking out of the club with what's his name, and a night I don't really remember.
29. My boyfriend said he would get one too.
30. Whatever the HIV test result, I know that I'll be okay.
Through advocacy and education, Erase Doubt promotes a greater understanding and respect for individuals living with
HIV/AIDS and those at higher risk of contracting HIV.
Erase Doubt is dedicated to increasing HIV testing in Los Angeles County, driving awareness of HIV prevention, and
providing updated information about HIV/AIDS treatment and care.
CONTENT NOTICE: Since HIV is spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages
on this site may address these topics. HIV prevention materials funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) must be
approved by local program review panels. However, the materials may be considered controversial by some viewers. Erase Doubt
reserves the right to ban users and/or delete derrogatory or hateful comments as well as misstatements of facts.
Erase Doubt is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the County of Los Angeles, Department of Public Health, Division of HIV and STD Programs. The initiative was created to increase HIV testing in L.A. County, drive awareness of HIV prevention, and provide information about HIV/AIDS treatment and care. The EraseDoubt.org web site was developed as an online resource center for Los Angeles County residents at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS and/or living with HIV/AIDS. For more information on accessing free HIV testing, care and treatment call 800-367-AIDS (2437), visit www.erasedoubt.org, email email@example.com, or consult your health care provider.