Positive Gathering 2010 Proposals
A conference developed for and by HIV+ people in British Columbia
When: March 26-28, 2010
Where: Plaza 500 Hotel, 500 West 12th, Vancouver
Do you have an HIV-related issue that you would like to explore by hosting your own workshop?
We invite you to share your expertise at : Living Longer, Living Well.
Past workshops have included Young & Positive, Party Drugs & HIV, Body Image & HIV, and Having a
Healthy Sex Life. Workshop themes that would best complement our program this year might focus on treatment issues, nutrition or aging.
Be creative; we're open to any ideas relevant to people living with HIV.
Workshop and Proposal Content:
- Workshops are 90 minutes long and are focussed on discussion among participants.
Materials/lectures presented should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Workshops should address topics of interest to persons living with HIV. Please specify your intended target group (youth, rural residents,
First Nations, etc.) in your proposal.
- Workshops should be co-facilitated with at least one HIV+ person, experienced at leading group discussion.
- Please provide a workshop title (10 words or less), languages of presentation, and a short description (25 words or less) for inclusion in the Conference Programme.
- Proposals must include specific, concise learning objectives and a description of the training, teaching or sharing method you will employ.
- Please note whether or not your workshop will be open to HIV-positive people only.
- Please list any equipment you will require the conference to provide.
- Please provide the name, affiliation, contact information and a brief biography for each of your facilitators.
Honoraria and Expenses:
Successful applicants will be offered free conference registration. All accommodation and travel expenses are the responsibility of the individual.
HIV-positive facilitators are encouraged to apply for scholarship support toward accommodation and travel.
How to submit:
Email (in Word): firstname.lastname@example.org
Send to: Positive Gathering Workshops
c/o BC Persons With AIDS Society
2nd Floor, 1107 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5S8
Source: Positive Gathering