DANCE. WALK. MOVE. at the 23rd Edition of CA MARCHE
September 15, 2015 - Montreal , Quebec
The Farha Foundation, Quebec's leading HIV/AIDS fundraising organization, and ALDO, a world leader in fashion footwear and accessories, and long-time advocate of the fight against HIV/AIDS, call on the Quebec community to join them at the 23 rd edition of ÇA MARCHE. This year's walk aims to engage the local community by encouraging people of all ages to dance, walk and move through the streets of downtown Montreal to raise awareness and funds in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Opening ceremony featuring Phil Vanden Brande, Virgin Radio host , alongside some of the Farha Family including, Linda Farha our spokesperson , and Evelyn Farha, Ron Farha's Mother
- Appearances by city officials
- Special dance performances organized by La Danse Sur les Routes du Québec which includes: Bust a Move, Club Bolo, l'École de danse contemporaine de Montréal, and l'École supérieure de ballet du Québec
- Celebratory dance party hosted by Piknic Electronik at Le Parterre du Quartier des Spectacles
- Food trucks and special surprises throughout the walk
- Shoe recycling drive with Humago's Super Recycleurs program
Sunday September 27, 2015
- 10 AM: Pledge Returns/Warm-up
- 11 AM: Opening Ceremony
- 1 PM Arrival/Celebration
Evelyn Farha, Honorary President, Farha Foundation
Linda Farha, Volunteer President and Spokesperson, Farha Foundation
Le Parterre du Quartier des Spectacles, Metro Place des Arts (corner St Urbain/de Maisonneuve)
Invite your family, friends and colleagues and form a team to support the fight against HIV/AIDS. Register now at camarche.ca !
Special thanks to: AbbVie, ALDO, Bust a Move, C3 Events, École de danse contemporaine de Montréal, École supérieure de ballet du Québec, FCB Montreal, Gilead, Humago, Ivanhoé Cambridge, La Danse Sur les Routes du Québec, Lassonde, Naya, Piknic Electronik, Street Parade, Theratechnologies, and Zenergy Communications.
ABOUT THE FARHA FOUNDATION
The Farha Foundation is Quebec's leading fundraising organization committed to helping men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS. The events organized by the Farha Foundation also serve to raise public awareness of the AIDS pandemic.
Since 1992, the Farha Foundation has distributed close to $9.5 million to 76 organizations throughout Quebec that provide services to HIV/AIDS victims (housing, medication, food, palliative care, homecare, etc.), as well as HIV/AIDS prevention and education programs. An advisory committee determines which organizations the Foundation supports and ensures that the funds are put to the best possible use. To find out more about the Farha Foundation, please visit farha.qc.ca.
Media Relations Coordinator
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2674274#ixzz3mmymx5GT
Source: Farha Foundation
"Reproduced with permission - Farha Foundation "
For more HIV and AIDS News visit...
Positively Positive - Living with HIV/AIDS: